2) Conferring Titles - Noblesse can give themselves a title without joining a clan. Noblesse can designate or modify their own titles with the Title and Delete Title buttons in the Clan window.
3) Monument of Heroes - Upon earning the title of Noblesse, the player’s performance in raids and sieges will be recorded. When the character becomes a Hero, their battle records are archived in each village’s Monument of Heroes.
4) PvP Ability – The player’s attack ability in Player vs. Player combat increases once they become a Noblesse.
5) Battle Progress Report - This function is available only to Noblesse clan leaders who are registered for a castle siege. It indicates the location of the clan members and the number of their kills and/or deaths. This function is only available to clan members who are logged in during the game. Use the /clanwarstatus command to determine whether the clan member is within the siege zone. It is refreshed every 30 seconds. Kill and death numbers are saved even while a server may be down and are reset upon completion of the siege.
6) Noblesse Tiara - Noblesse are awarded accessories by the Noblesse quest NPCs, which distinguish them from other players. Hair accessories can only be deleted from the inventory and cannot be traded, dropped, or sold in stores.
1) Blessing of Noblesse - A buff that can be cast on oneself or other players in a raid against boss-class monsters, this skill retains the buffs on a character who has been killed by the raid boss and resurrected. When the character has died, all other buffs cast are rendered ineffective and they take effect only after the character has been resurrected. Upon resurrection, the Lucky Charm and Blessing of Noblesse will be rendered ineffective. Consumes 5 spirit ore.
2) Strider Siege Assault - A Noblesse mounted on a strider can perform this strong attack against the castle wall or castle gate during a siege. Consumes 5 Spirit Ore.
3) Build Advanced Headquarters - A Noblesse who is a clan leader is able to summon a headquarters with twice the HP of an ordinary siege headquarters. This skill can be mastered regardless of the Build Headquarters skill. 300 C-grade Gemstones are consumed when cast.
4) Wyvern Aegis – A Noblesse castle lord can temporarily maximize magic defense abilities while riding a wyvern. Consumes 20 Spirit Ore.
5) Summon CP Potion - Summons 20 vials of high-grade CP potions. Consumes 80 Soul Ore.
6) Fortune of Noblesse - Confers the ability of the Lucky Charm to all party members regardless of level. Consumes 4 Lucky Charm: A Grade.
7) Harmony of Noblesse - This Noblesse skill combines the energy of 4 individual Wizards (Sorcerer, Spellsinger, and Spellhowler). The energy of each individual must be received consecutively in intervals of 5 seconds or less regardless of type or order, and the skill must be used within 5 seconds of receiving the energy of the 4th individual. It is a non-elemental magic attack with twice the potency of Elemental Assault.
8) Symphony of Noblesse - This Noblesse skill combines the energy of 8 individual Wizards (Sorcerer, Spellsinger, and Spellhowler). The energy of each individual must be received consecutively in intervals of 5 seconds or less regardless of type or order, and the skill must be used within 5 seconds of receiving the energy of the 8th individual. It is a non-elemental magic attack with four times the potency of Elemental Assault.
A player who has recorded the highest score in each class in the Grand Olympiad, a Player vs. Player tournament played among the Noblesse, is conferred the title of Hero. Heroes are awarded exclusive weapons and abilities along with a distinct aura.
1) Exclusive Weaponry - Heroes are able to use weapons provided for their exclusive use. Once selected, weapons cannot be replaced. However, after one month, all weapons are automatically returned and Hero players will be able to select another weapon. The weapons are available from the Monument of Heroes and cannot be dropped, traded, enchanted, and/or destroyed. S-grade spiritshots, soulshots, and arrows are consumed.
2) Aura - A glowing aura surrounds the Hero’s body.
3) Hero Voice - Heroes are able to chat in a special channel (%). This chat font color is sky blue and is displayed to all players on the server. Heroes are only able to speak in the global channel once every 10 seconds. It is possible to turn Hero Voice on and off in the chat message options.
4) Monument of Heroes - The names of Heroes are listed in the commemorative Monument of Heroes in each village.
Gaining Hero Abilities
The Noblesse symbol will appear in Status window when the character is a Noblesse; the Hero symbol displays when the player is a Hero or on stand-by Hero status. The Hero gains Hero abilities when by visiting the Monument of Heroes, not just when the Noblesse has been ranked 1st in the Olympiad.
If an individual who was conferred the title of Hero in a previous phase is awarded the title again, he must first be on stand-by and activate the Hero abilities by visiting the Monument of Heroes again.
Determining the Hero
Following a month-long PvP competition, the Hero is selected according to Olympiad points, and the Hero retains the title throughout the duration of the next month’s competition. The Hero is determined on the first day of every month.
The Hero will be the individual who has accumulated the most Olympiad points according to their main class, has competed more than 5 times in that period, and claimed at least 1 victory. The Hero will be placed in stand-by mode and exclusive abilities and weaponry are removed after the one month period.
For example, even if a player has accumulated the most Olympiad points in the current period, if he has competed less than 5 times or has never claimed a victory, he is ineligible to become a Hero; it is possible that periods may pass without a Hero being designated.
When two players with the same class have accumulated identical Olympiad points, the one who has competed most will be designated Hero.
All Noblesse have access to the top 10 ranking of the last period’s Olympiad results. Those who have competed on less than four occasions will be excluded from the ranking. In the list, the Olympiad point value, which determines the final standing, will not be revealed. Only the character names are listed on the ranking. In cases where players have accumulated identical points, up to 15 individuals with equal points can be displayed.
The Grand Olympiad is a one-on-one PvP competition held to determine the Hero. It is held in one month periods, and at the end of each period, the Noblesse with the most Olympiad points in each class is appointed Hero. Only Noblesse who have completed the third class transfer can participate in the Olympiad competition.
1) The Olympiad is classified into two competitions: the class competition and the non-class competition. Only members of a certain class can partake in class competitions. There are no class restrictions for participating in non-class competitions.
2) Participating in a competition is possible only through the Olympiad Master, and the hours of competition are 8:00 PM CST to 12:00 AM CST (8:00 PM GMT+1 to 12:00 AM GMT+1 on the Teon server). No competition requests are taken outside of competition hours.
3) Competitors will be matched randomly and summoned to the coliseum for competition.
4) Instructions will be regularly provided through system messages, starting 30 seconds before being summoned to the coliseum.
5) The summoned competitors are allotted 45 seconds of preparation time. The coliseum will then transform into a battlefield and the competition will begin.
6) The maximum competition time is 3 minutes, and the player whose HP drops to 0 first will lose. If no victor has emerged at the 3 minute mark, the character who has inflicted the most damage will be determined the winner.
7) Upon completion of the competition, the Olympiad point changes will be announced in a system message and the competitors will be returned to the village.
8) During the competition, a character whose HP has reached 0 will merely lose the competition, but not die.
9) Once transported to the coliseum, if a character abnormally leaves the game, he will lose the competition. If the server goes down while a competition is in progress, the competition will be nullified and the competitors will restart at the villages.
10) Before the competition begins, HP, MP, and CP are all recovered and the pre-existing buffs and debuffs will be removed. Any summoned pets will be returned, but the servitors/cubics will accompany the player to the coliseum. The servitor’s buffs will also dissolve before the start of the competition.
1) Only players in their main classes are able to compete. If the player changes from the main class to a subclass after applying for the competition, he/she will be ineligible to compete.
2) If the character belongs to a party when summoned to the Coliseum to compete, he/she will automatically withdraw from the party.
3) Characters with 0 Olympiad points are ineligible to compete.
4) In the Olympiad competitions, no items other than soulshots, spiritshots, Echo Crystals, energy stones, and firecrackers are allowed.
5) Recall and Party Recall abilities cannot be used in competition.
1) At the beginning of each Olympiad period, 18 points are equally awarded to all Noblesse, and 3 points each week thereafter.
2) The loser’s Olympiad points are transferred to the winner upon completion of the competition.
3) Competitors are able to check their current point status with the Grand Olympiad Manager.
4) At the end of competition, if a character has accumulated more than 50 Olympiad points, they can be exchanged for Noblesse Gate Passes. The rate of exchange is 1,000 Noblesse Gate Passes for 1 Olympiad point.
For example, while 50 Olympiad points is exchangeable for 50,000 Noblesse Gate Passes, and 49 Olympiad points are not worth any Noblesse Gate Passes.
5) Noblesse Gate Passes may be used for purchasing items from the Grand Olympiad Manager or while teleporting to various locations via the Gatekeeper.
The following items can be purchased from the Olympiad master with Noblesse Gate Passes:
Watching the Grand Olympiad
1) The Olympiad competitions can be watched with the Grand Olympiad Manager stationed in every village.
2) Players are able to see the venue where the current competition is under way, and the name of the participants.
3) In the competition spectator mode, the player can view the competitors’ names, HP, CP, and buff status.
4) While watching the competition, the competition window of each competitor can be maximized to show the skills being used and critical hits.
5) In the competition spectator mode, players are able to watch competitions under way in other coliseums without leaving the current coliseum.
6) The Return button exits spectator mode. If the spectator mode is interrupted by a server reset or other abnormal conditions, you will begin at the village where you entered the spectator mode.
7) If a player starts watching a competition after calling a pet, the summon will be dismissed.
8) There is no charge for watching Olympiad competitions.
The maximum level has been raised from 75 to 78. A subclass level can be raised to 78 along with the main class.
Third Class Transfer
Characters who have reached Level 76 can obtain new occupations in the third class transfer.
The existing skills of characters who have obtained new classes in the third transfer are strengthened, and they can also obtain new skills. Enchanting specific skills also becomes possible. Unlike the first and second class transfers, there are no further divisions in the third class transfer; advancement to only one higher class is available.
Skill enchanting, a new feature in Chronicle 4, boosts previously learned skills. The third class transfer must be completed in order to be able to enchant skills. Speak to the NPC who began the third class transfer quest for more information about enchanting skills.
Skill enchanting differs from the usual method of increasing skill levels.
1) Enchanted skills improve unconditionally.
Unlike the normal skill level advancement, all parts of an enchanted skill will be enhanced unconditionally. For example, when the Deadly Blow skill level rises, power and consumed MP increases simultaneously. But when skills are enchanted, only the power increases or the consumed MP decreases.
2) It is possible to choose specific enchant effects.
Skill enchanting gives a choice of diverse methods of improvement. For example, it is possible to selectively enchant a decrease in MP consumption or a decrease in the reuse time of Deadly Blow.
However, the choice must be made when the skill is initially enchanted. Once the enchantment is selected, other abilities cannot be improved. For example, if a decrease in MP consumption of a skill is chosen and you continue to enchant the skill, only the MP consumption will continue to decrease. You cannot select additional enchantments.
3) No level restriction applies to the number of times the enchantment is used.
When learning skills, advancement in skill levels is restricted by character level, but no such restrictions apply to enchanting skills. Characters will be able to enchant to the maximum.
4) The cost of skill enchantment is experience and SP.
Experience points, SP, and the Secret Book of Giants are required for skill enchantment. The Secret Book of Giants is required for the initial enchantment, and if it is successful, only experience points in the current level and SP will be consumed for additional enchants. If the character lacks the required experience points or SP, the enchantment cannot be performed.
For example, if the character is level 76 at 0.0%, there are no experience points to be spent on the skill enchantment; the enchantment cannot be performed. The enchantment also cannot be cast when the SP is insufficient.
5) There is a probability that the skill enchanting may fail.
There is a determination of success or failure for every enchant. In the case of a failed enchantment, the skill will revert to the pre-enchanted state. Consequently, if you re-attempt an enchantment after a failed attempt, you will need the Secret Book of Giants.
Third Class Transfer Skills
1) Summoning Skills
New servitor skills and mass summon cubics have been added to the available skill lists for Warlocks, Elemental Summoners, and Phantom Summoners. New summoning skills have also been added for Necromancers. These skills can be learned after the second class transfer.
2) Common Skills
New common skills can be learned from Fisherman’s Guild members stationed at the grocery store in every port and town. In order to learn common skills, players need to obtain a Proof of Catching a Fish, rather than SP or a spellbook. Proof of Catching a Fish can be obtained by exchanging items caught by fishing with a Fisherman's Guild member.
Each common skill may be acquired every 10 levels based on the individual character level. For example, if the character level is 40, each skill can be mastered up to level 4. However, the Expand Trade skill mastery levels are as follows: Level 40 (level 1), Level 55 (level 2), Level 65 (level 3).
If the difference between the character level and the skill level becomes greater than 10 levels for a previously learned skill, the acquired skill will automatically disappear.
3) Common Crafting
Create Common Item, a common crafting skill, has been added. It is now possible for characters other than Dwarves to produce items using the Create Common Item skill. Commonly produced items are new items distinct from those that are normally produced by Dwarves.
Hair accessories, potions, and dyes can be produced with ordinary recipes and items caught by fishing. Adding a recipe to the Common Recipe Book is identical to that of Dwarves.
The Create Common Item skill is automatically acquired as character level rises. The following is a table of character levels and corresponding skill levels.
Changes to Skills
1) The automatic acquisition level of Expertise S has been changed to Level 76.
2) When a skill producing Sleep, Hold, or Paralysis is cast on an opponent, he will be rendered immune to skills with the same effect.
3) Players not belonging to a party can now be revived by the Resurrection skills and scrolls. (Characters can choose to resurrect.)
4) The power of Fatal Strike has been increased by approximately 1.6-1.7 fold for each level.
5) The prerequisite for using the Guts and Frenzy skills has been reduced and the duration extended. The HP requirement has changed from 20% to 30%, and the duration increased from 30 to 90 seconds.
6) The probability that Cancel will remove buffs and debuffs has been considerably reduced, and the reuse time has decreased from 300 seconds to 120 seconds.
7) The MP consumed by Body of Avatar has been reduced.
8) A reduction of magic resistance and rise in mobility speed has been added to Berserker Spirit.
9) Greater Resurrection and Greater Acumen have been renamed Resurrection and Acumen respectively. Their effects remain the same.
10) The MP consumed by Poison Blade Dance has decreased.
11) The MP consumed by Vitalize has been modified. While the MP consumed in battle has decreased, MP consumed with skill activation has increased.
12) The duration of Decrease Weight has been changed to 20 minutes.
13) The power of Punch of Doom has increased.
14) The summon skills obtained after completing the 2nd class transfer have been modified.
The items consumed when summoning or maintaining specific summons have been changed from D-grade Crystals to C-grade Crystals.
The rate that specific summons gain experience has been decreased.
The casting time for following summoning skills has increased from 6 seconds to 15 seconds.
15) The reuse time for Recall and Party Recall has been increased.
16) When using Aura Flare previously, the weakened magic damage effect would remain for 3 seconds on the caster. However, this effect will apply for only PvP.
17) The cost for casting and maintaining Summon Big Boom has been increased.
18) The power of Boom Attack of Summon Big Boom now decreases as it becomes more distant, while its central power has been increased.
19) The graphics of select skills have been modified.
20) The descriptions of select skills have been modified.
21) The Dwarven crafting skill Create Item level 9 has been added.
22) The effects of Blessing of Noblesse, Fortune of Noblesse, Lucky Charm, Fatal Poison (quest), Curse of Fairy Mimyu (quest), Gaze of Watcher (quest), Curse of Destruction (Seven Signs), and Blessing of Prophecy (Seven Signs) cannot be forcibly removed by skills such as Cancel.
Changes to Area Attack Skills
1) Physical/magical offensive area skills used by players are now applied to limited number of targets. However, during PvP, all players within the area will be affected. The skill effect is limited to 20 targets and it is unaffected by enchantment. The area skills of monsters/summons are unaffected.
2) To distinguish classes specializing in polearm type weapons from other classes, the physical attack ability of Polearm weapons will now be applied differently.
Based on whether or not having learned Polearm Mastery skill and whether or not having completed the 2nd class transfer even if having learned the skill, the Polearm weapon’s area attack ability will be applied differently:
When equipping Polearm-type weapons, passive related skills will be indicated in the passive skill window.
Valakas is the second dragon to make an appearance in Lineage II and one of the first ancient dragon children of Shilen. Valakas inhabits a volcanic terrain in Goddard known as the Forge of the Gods. Fearing Gran Kain, who watches over humans, he unleashes the wrath of fire at human trespassers who venture into his territory.
Players must traverse the Hall of Flames at the top of the Forge of the Gods to arrive at the Lair of Valakas.
In order to enter the Hall of Flames, players must first complete the quest of Watcher of Valakas Klein, in the Forge of the Gods, to obtain Floating Stones.
Hall of Flames
Replicas of the four guardians of hell, made of lava, stand watch over the Hall of Flames to eliminate those who interrupt the sleep of the fire dragon or infiltrators who intend to do him harm.
Players can obtain special items to aid in the confrontation with Valakas such as talismans from the gatekeepers and the four head guardians of hell.
Inside the Hall of Flames, Gatekeepers of Fire Dragon open and close doors for players. Each gatekeeper is assigned to a different door; he enlists help of his colleagues to open the doors at the same time.
The Heart of the Volcano, used to teleport to the Lair of Valakas, is located deep in the corridor. A maximum of 200 players can enter the lair at once. No additional players are allowed entry.
Lair of Valakas
Those who set foot in the lair cannot emerge intact unless they defeat Valakas or escape.
The site serving as the battleground is divided into a hill and battlefield. Serious damage can be incurred by exposure to flowing lava.
If the server or the NPC server goes down, Valakas’s HP will revert to the amount prior to the server going down.
When restarting at the Lair of Valakas or the Hall of Flames after a server returns to service, if a player fails to log in within 30 minutes, the character will be transported to the nearest town upon reconnection.
If there is no server down and a player disconnects or restarts while in battle with Valakas, the character will be transported to the nearest town upon reconnection even if they log in within 30 minutes.
Goddard and Rune have been added to the north of Aden territory. These territories are home to Goddard Castle Town, Rune Castle Town, and Goddard Castle.
The hunting grounds of Goddard and Rune feature new high-level monsters endowed with unusual behavior, giving players new and exciting gameplay. New dungeons such as Imperial Tomb and the Dimensional Rift also promote a novel and completely different method of hunting.
1. Varka Silenos Outpost (Goddard)
Varka Silenos Outpost, located west of Goddard Castle Town, is home to the brightest and the most accomplished Varka Silenos soldiers. They are vying for control of the territory with the Ketra Orcs, who inhabit the flatlands of central Goddard. Players may side with either faction.
2. Ketra Orc Outpost (Goddard)
Highly competitive, savage orcs dwell at Ketra Orc Outpost, located north of Goddard Castle Town. Players may side with Ketra Orcs or Varka Silenos.
3. Wall of Argos (Goddard)
According to legend, the Wall of Argos was created when the Argos, a giant with a hundred eyes, was imprisoned in a rock wall for provoking the wrath of Einhasad. The Wall of Argos, located east of Goddard Castle Town, is a hunting ground surrounded by precipitous cliffs similar to that of Dragon Valley. A pathway leads to the Imperial Tomb dungeon.
4. Imperial Tomb (Goddard)
The Imperial Tomb, located in eastern Goddard, is a secret tomb of Elmoreden royalty. The entrance is near the Wall of Argos.
The Imperial Tomb is a hunting ground that provides a dramatically different hunting experience from typical dungeons. Parties are able to advance to distinct chambers at the corners of the Imperial Tomb, and hunting progresses by clearing these rooms one at a time.
5. Hot Springs (Goddard)
Due to its proximity to the Forge of the Gods and volcanoes, the Hot Springs in northern Goddard is comparably warmer than other regions, and the earth spews water warmed by subterranean heat. Many animals seek refuge in the warm healing waters.
Monsters in this region cast disorders on players. At first these afflictions appear beneficial, but as time progresses, they become harmful. The player must treat his illness at the springs.
6. Forge of the Gods (Goddard)
Located in northeastern Goddard, the Forge of the Gods is a dungeon where the entrance to the Lair of Valakas is located. Under the influence of the Fire Dragon, much of the terrain consists of fire and lava, and monsters here usually make use of fire-element attacks.
The Hall of Flames, the sole pathway leading to Valakas, is located in the Forge of the Gods. Players can obtain useful items for waging battle against Valakas by hunting monsters here.
7. Garden of Beasts (Goddard)
Many untamed beasts roam the outskirts of Goddard Castle Town. They may look alike, but each employs different skills and attack patterns.
8. Devil’s Pass (Rune)
Devil’s Pass is home to the spirits of those slain while waging attacks on the Swamp of Screams rest.
Undead monsters seek revenge on adventurers who have retreated from Goddard without having taken the swamp. Although extremely peaceful during the day, the region teems with the undead upon nightfall.
9. Valley of the Saints (Rune)
Since the days of the Elmoreden Empire, clerics anointed as saints have been buried in the Valley of the Saints, located northeast of Rune Castle Town. The Valley of the Saints features monsters which use diverse and unique magic.
10. Beast Farm (Rune)
The Beast Farm, north of Rune Castle Town, was originally a small farm created to cultivate summoned pets for military use. However, due to their unstable development and wild nature, these creatures resisted being tamed by humans.
Players can purchase food to train the beasts from the feed seller, who is still developing new training methods and the ideal feed formula, and hunt adjusting the degree of difficulty and award. Well-tamed beasts immediately become player’s pets and are transported to towns or help with hunting.
11. Forest of the Dead (Rune)
The Forest of the Dead, east of Rune Castle Town, is the site of the massacre of the rebels of the Von Hellman family. Few venture here due to rumors that the forest is still strewn with the rotting corpses of those slain in battle.
Different monsters appear during night and day and the entire forest is littered with corpses. Most commonly seen monsters are the undead, vampires, and necromancers. Scattered corpses can be used by players, but necromancer monsters may also employ them to attack players.
12. Swamp of Screams (Rune)
Stakatos who have lost in battle have set up camp at the Swamp of Screams to build their power. This region, east of Rune Castle Town and past the Forest of the Dead, is a hunting ground where buff and debuff zones exist, which are solely beneficial to stakatos and harmful to players.
The Dimensional Rift is a labyrinth created as a result of the Seven Signs. Devils in other worlds are attempting to find their way into the real world through this gap. Time and space is distorted here, forcing players to travel to different destinations in the labyrinth.
To be transported to the Dimensional Rift, you must be assigned the “In Search of Dimensional Fragments” quest by the Dimensional Rift Doorman stationed at the Seven Signs dungeon entrance, hunt down monsters in the dungeon, and talk to the Dimensional Rift Doorman.
You will be able to gain free entry into the Dimensional Rift if you acquire a set number of points at the Festival of Darkness. The time limit is one hour, and after the hour elapses free entry is no longer offered.
There are 6 Dimensional Rift zones for each level, and each zone comprises 9 chambers.
When entering the Dimensional Rift, party members located beyond a set distance from the party will not be allowed entry.
When the party changes (such as leaving or banning from party) in the Dimensional Rift, the party will be transported to the waiting room. However, the party leader may be replaced. When the party leader is replaced, rights and privileges are automatically transferred.
After entering the Dimensional Rift, if the party is disbanded due to restarting, logging out, or a downed server, the party will be transported to the waiting room. If all members of a party are killed in a hunt, the party will be automatically teleported to the waiting room after 8 minutes.
The number of dimensional fragments required for individual entry into each zone of the Dimensional Rift is listed below.
New Raid Bosses Added
Most event monsters have been changed to raid boss monsters.
Due to the addition of difficulty levels of raid monsters, there are varieties of raid monsters, ranging from relatively easy to difficult with high rewards.
NPC/AI Addition and Changes
The number of Orfen’s minion monsters in Orfen’s Nest has decreased. The attack power of Orfen’s minion monsters has been slightly lowered, while Orfen’s attack power has been increased.
The attack power of Death Wraith has been slightly lowered. Core’s minion monsters cannot move downstairs any longer.
3) New monsters have been placed in the Goddard and Rune territories.
4) The battle/behavior actions of monsters have been more diversified.
Treasure chests and mimics have been relocated across the territories.
Adena is given normally as a reward of treasure chests, but there is also a low probability of big rewards.
Mimics have been placed in selected dungeons and hunting zones and will appear in fields randomly. These monsters have the same shape as Treasure Chests and will attack players.
Treasure Chest Keys, necessary to open treasure chests, have been added. New keys are set with Grade 1 through Grade 8. Pre-existing keys cannot be attained from monsters any more but can be used for Treasure Chests. Unlock can also be used to open a treasure chest.
Changes to Existing Hunting Areas
Polymorph-type monsters have been added in Devil’s Isle. Monsters in Devil’s Isle have been relocated in general and a large number of monsters will spawn at the same time in certain areas.
Field of Silence is designed to promote battles that take a short amount of time with rare resting. In this hunting area every monster is a clone type with low constitution.
If the Queen Ant’s minion Guard Ant leaves its guarded area, it has been changed to teleport to the location where it spawned.
The below under level 20 monsters will no longer spawn:
The player who wakes Bauim from his paralyzed state will now naturally receive damage and die after being summoned toward him.
Items Exclusive to Heroes
Upon being crowned Hero in the Olympiad, the Hero gains access for the duration of the term to exclusive items from the Monument of Heroes.
S-grade weaponry, armor, and accessories have been added for players Level 76 and above. As with A-grade items, S-grade items are also sealed. They can be unsealed by the Blacksmith of Mammon. The prerequisite item for endowing S-grade weaponry with special abilities is a Level 13 Soul Crystal. They can be obtained by completing the Enhance Your Weapon quest.
S-grade armor set effects are listed below.
Special abilities of S-grade weaponry are listed below. Level 13 Soul Crystals are required to add these enhancements. However, dual weapons above +4 automatically acquire special abilities when enchanted.
Lifting Seals on A-Grade Accessories
Seals placed on A-grade accessories can be unsealed. When the seal is lifted the item’s ability will increase.
Special Abilities Added to C and B Grades
Special abilities to C- and B-grade weaponry have been added.
1) C Grade
Stick of Faith: Mana Up, Magic Hold, Magic Shield
2) B Grade
Sword of Valhalla: Acumen, Magic Weakness, Magic Regeneration
Item Additions and Changes
1) Scrolls of Escape to Town
Scrolls for returning to each town have been added. For example, if you use Scroll of Escape to Giran Castle Town, the character will be transported to Giran Castle Town regardless of current location. In order to obtain town return scrolls:
a) produce them in clan halls or b) purchase them from each town’s gatekeeper with Dimension Diamonds obtained from the second class transfer quests.
2) Blessed Scrolls of Enchant Weapon/Armor
Unlike the normal Scrolls of Enchant Weapon/Armor, the item will not disappear when the enchant fails. However, upon failure to enchant, the item will be reverted to +0.
The probability of success for a Blessed Scroll of Enchant Weapon/Armor is identical to that of normal Blessed Scrolls of Enchant Weapon/Armor.
3) Wedding Formal Wear
Appearing as a tuxedo on male characters and wedding dress on female characters, Formal Wear is a quest reward (level 60+). Characters donning Formal Wear cannot use skills and magic. If they equip weapons or shields, the Formal Wear will automatically be unequipped.
4) Exclusive Accessories for Clans
Crown of Lord: A crown able to be worn solely by the clan leader of a clan possessing a castle has been added. The crown can be acquired from the castle’s lord Chamberlain and can be obtained after the end of a siege. Only one Crown of Lord can be obtained, and they cannot be dropped on the ground or sold.
Also, if castle ownership is surrendered, the castle lord will be stripped of the crown and it will be removed from the inventory.
Exclusive Castle Circlet: Circlets exclusively worn by members of a clan possessing a castle have been added. Alliance members do not have access to circlets. If castle ownership is surrendered or if the player withdraws from the clan, the circlets can no longer be worn.
Shields: Shields worn exclusively by members of a clan with possession of a castle or clan hall have been added. Shields can be acquired from the castle’s lord Chamberlain or Clan Hall Manager, and the shield may display the clan insignia. The insignia can be registered as a 64*64 pixel 256 color bmp file by clicking on the Register Insignia button in the Clan window.
If the clan has possession of a clan hall, item production must first be activated in order to purchase a clan shield.
The shield will no longer be accessible upon surrendering ownership of the castle/clan hall or withdrawal from the clan.
5) Exclusive Circlets for Noblesse and Heroes
Noblesse Tiara: Awarded upon completion of the Noblesse quest; exclusively worn by Noblesse and Heroes.
Wings of Destiny Circlet: Awarded by the Monument of Heroes upon being crowned Hero; exclusively worn by Heroes.
6) Hair Accessories
Hair accessories that can be worn by all classes regardless of gender have been added. However, Hairpins can only be worn by female characters.
7) Boss Monster Accessories
Unique jewelry that is dropped exclusively by boss monsters has been added. Boss accessories possess special effects aside from magic defense ability. Boss monsters which drop exclusive accessories are the Ant Queen, Orphen, Core, Zaken, Baium, Antharas, and Valakas.
Recipes have been changed to stackable items.
Recipes for ordinary crafting have been added. Ordinary crafting recipes are consumed upon item creation. These crafting recipes can be obtained by fishing and some recipes are produced in clan halls.
9) Additional Miscellaneous Items
Echo Crystals for weddings and birthday celebrations have been added.
Exclusive Soulshots, Spiritshots, and Blessed Spiritshots for pets have been added. They can be obtained from the Pet Manager stationed in every village.
A different experience from combat and leveling up, fishing has been added to catch ingredients for item creation.
Fishing equipment and/or the Fishing skill can be acquired along with other newly added common skills from the Fisherman’s Guild Members dispatched at the grocery store or port of each town.
You will need a Fishing Rod and lures to go fishing. These items can be bought from the store or earned through quests. Fishing rods and Fishing Shots exist by grade (no grade, D, C, B, A, S) and item damage will be applied according to grade. A penalty will be applied when using a fishing rod of a grade incompatible with your character level.
You must master the Fishing skill in order to begin fishing. You can acquire Fishing, Reeling, Pumping, and Fishing Mastery skills by speaking with the Fisherman’s Guild Members stationed in each town or port.
Although not essential for fishing, Fishing Shots will assist you with your fishing. Fishing Shots, like spiritshots and soulshots, can be accessed by double-clicking on them in inventory or registering with shortcuts. The Fishing Shot grade must be compatible to that of the fishing rod, and they can also be earned through quests.
The Fishing Rod is equipped in the weapon slot and the bait in the left hand, like an arrow. Once you equip the rod and use the Fishing skill, you begin to fish.
Once fishing is under way, the Fishing Window will display and an enlarged image of the bobber will appear.
The fishing skills Pumping and Reeling determine fishing success. These skills can also be mastered by paying adena to the Fisherman’s Guild Members. Use the Reeling skill while the fish struggles and resists, and the Pumping skill while the fish is exhausted.
When fishing is under way, the Fishing Window will display. When a fish begins to bite, the HP gauge of the fish and the time allotted to catch it will appear in the Fishing Window. Fishing is successful only if the HP of the fish drops to 0 before the time expires.
Upon successful fishing, fish or treasure chests will be added to the inventory, fishing will end and the Fishing Window will close. When an attempt at catching fish fails, fishing will end and the Fishing Window will close. Fishing will also end if the Fishing skill is re-used during fishing.
If you double-click on fish or treasure chests acquired while fishing, they will turn into other items. These items can be used in common crafting, and certain items can be exchanged for Proof of Catching a Fish with the Fisherman’s Guild Member.
Fishing holes are home to fish abundant enough to enable fishing. Fish usually inhabit waters where the breathing gauge is displayed or regions with unique water quality such as the Goddard Hot Springs. Be wary, as monsters instead of fish may be caught with fishing!
Increasing Fishing Mastery enables catching of higher grade fish. However, higher grade fish are stronger and brighter than lower grade fish, so advanced Reeling and Pumping skills are required to catch them.
A Fishing Manual that provides fishing instructions can be purchased from the Fisherman’s Guild Member. Beginner tips will be provided when fishing with beginner bait. Beginner bait can be bought from the Fisherman’s Guild Member.
If Reeling/Pumping skills exceed Fishing Mastery by more than 2 levels, a penalty will be imposed.
Three new types of domestic pets have been added. New pets can be acquired by completing pet-related quests or can be purchased from the pet manager with Pet Exchange Tickets produced in each clan hall.
The following new pets have been added.
Domestic pets eat Baby Spice pet food and possess lower combat ability than other pets.
Hatchlings and Striders
Hatchling types have changed from standard (Wind), defense (Star), and domestic (Twilight) to fighter (Wind), mystic (Star), and movement (Twilight).
The active skills of Hatchlings and Striders are now catered to their individual characteristics.
Pet and Servitor Changes
1) If the pet owner restarts when the pet is alive, it will immediately return to its control item. But if the pet owner restarts when the pet is dead, the pet will not instantly return to the control item. The dead pet will remain in corpse state for 20 minutes, and then disappear along with the control item. If the pet is dead and less than 20 minutes has elapsed when the pet owner exits the game, the pet will not return to the control item; and upon logging in again the pet will still be dead with no HP.
2) If the server goes down while the pet is dead, the pet will be unconditionally returned to the control item. If the pet is re-summoned it will appear with an HP of 0.
3) The occurrence of a servitor using poison skills acquiring additional experience points based on skill use has been corrected.
4) The discrepancy between the servitor/pet’s combat state and the owner’s combat state has been fixed. If either servitor/pet or the owner enters into combat, the other party will follow suit.
5) When the pet owner uses return or Gatekeeper, pet/servitor will automatically change to Follow Master after being teleported even if they were in Stay mode.
6) The Unsummon action has been added to cancel a summon at will.
7) The Move action has been added to pets and servitors, enabling them to approach the selected target.
8) When pets level up, the level up effects will be displayed as it does for characters.
In Chronicle 4, a new clan war system has been added; the new clan war replaces the former alliance war system.
1) Only the leader of a clan above level 3 with at least 15 members can declare war.
Accepting Declarations of War
1) A declaration of war can be directed only at a clan above level 3 with at least 15 members. War can be declared in return regardless of the number of clan members in the opposing clan.
2) Clan wars cannot be declared against an ally, and the alliance must be severed in order to wage war. Also, a clan which has declared war, or been subjected to a declaration of war, cannot enter into an alliance.
3) Even if a clan is already engaged in a clan war, it can declare war on another clan and expand the scope of the war. Clans waging war can also accept additional declarations of war.
4) A single clan can make a maximum of 30 declarations of war. However, there is no cap for receiving a declaration of war from another clan.
5) Clan war declarations/retractions privileges can be given to clan members.
6) The information about the current clan war status can be accessed with the following commands.
Waging a Clan War
1) Clan wars can be declared with or without the consent of the opposing clan. Upon declaration of war, a system message will be displayed to the opponent.
2) Members of a clan which has received a declaration of war can view the name of the opposing clan in the /attackerlist.
3) Should a clan member be killed by an opposing clan member, the experience lost on death will be 1/4 of that of a normal death. This rule applies equally when the opposing clan has not declared war in return.
4) When two clans have mutually declared war on each other, when a clan member attacks and kills an opposing clan member who does not defend, the karma and PK count of the attacker do not rise.
5) An attacker’s PK count increases when killing a member of a clan that has not returned the declaration of war.
6) Upon declaration of war, a symbol will appear above the character name of a member of the opposing clan.
Ending a Clan War
1) The clan war can be ended by /clanwarstop command or clicking on the Withdraw War button in the Clan window and entering the name of the opposing clan.
2) War retraction, as in declaration, can be done without the consent of the opposing clan.
3) Upon proclaiming the end of war, the clans involved will receive a system message alerting them of the retraction.
4) If both clans in a war retract the war, it is effectively terminated.
5) The previously available Personal Surrender command has been removed.
In Chronicle 4, interface windows have been added to make gameplay easier for novice players and more convenient for veteran players.
System Message Windows
A System Message Window has been added above the chat window. Turn off the System Message option in the Chat Options window to display system messages only in that window.
While system message window configuration is possible, the window size is not adjustable.
Separate Chat Windows
Chat windows can now be separated into channels—All, Trade, Party, Clan, and Alliance. Drag the tab of each channel to separate windows. If you want to include them in the chat window again, place the dragged tab to its original location. However, the size of separated windows cannot be adjusted.
The manor interface window has been enlarged and the Search function has been expanded. The status of seeds and crops of other territories can be searched.
Crops can be sold to other territories. However, a 5% fee is levied on sales.
Information on all crops can be seen in a newly added basic information window.
Party Window CP Gauge
A CP gauge bar showing each party member’s CP gauge has been added.
Party members’ locations are now shown on the mini-map. The map focus will change to that of the party member by clicking on individual party members.
With the addition of the Goddard and Rune territories, the former maps of Aden and Elmore have been combined into one world map.
Clan Penalty Window
A Penalty button has been added to the Clan window (Alt +N), which shows clan and alliance penalty information.
The type and expiration date of penalty imposed on the clan and alliances are indicated.
The trade window of NPCs that deal in non-adena items has been improved to enable the NPC to directly enter transactions for multiple quantities of item purchase and production.
An option to toggle the display of region names on or off has been added.
The number of individuals able to enter a party matching room has been raised to 12.
The party matching room icon (minimized) will now blink every time a new character enters the room or when a message has arrived.
The party matching window will now pop up only for the party leader (party room creator) when opening a party room. If the party leader is replaced, the party matching window will now display only for the new party leader.
The party leader’s character name will now appear in the party room list.
The Recipe Book icon has been moved to the active Skill window.
Recipes listed in the Recipe Book can now be registered in the shortcut window. Crafted item recipes placed on the shortcut are distinguished from ordinary items by an overlapping hammer icon symbolizing “production.”
When resurrecting dead characters, the player performing the resurrection and the character being resurrected are no longer required to belong to the same party.
When a dead character is being resurrected, a message window pops up indicating who is performing the resurrection and whether the subject consents to the resurrection.
Esc Key Changes
When the Esc key is pressed while using magic/skills, skill cancellation and target cancellation are now available.
- Previously: When the Esc key was pressed while using magic/skills, the skill and the target were simultaneously cancelled.
- Revision: When the Esc key is pressed while magic/skills are active, the skill is cancelled. When the Esc key is pressed while magic/skills are inactive, the target is cancelled. For example, if the Esc key is pressed twice while using magic/skills, the skill will be first cancelled then the target.
While casting magic/skills, the skill will not be cancelled if you click on the close target window button.
Item Enchant Window
The Item Enchant window has been added to prevent mistakes that may occur during item enchants and to reconfirm the item to be enchanted.
The Item Enchant window will appear if you double-click on Scrolls of Enchant Weapon/Armor. The items available for enchantment will be displayed. Select the item in the list and click OK to enchant it.
Multiparty Command Window
A window displaying commands to multiparties has been added.
If a clan leader of a clan above level 5 invites a party with the /channelinvite command or by clicking on the Channel Invitation button in the party action section of the action window (Alt+C) the command channel will be created and chat window activated.
A maximum number of 50 parties can join one channel.
The channel will automatically disband when the channel creator disbands his party.
The command channel window shows information about the channel.
If the channel creator terminates the game unexpectedly or transfers party leader privileges to another individual, channel creator privileges are transferred to the new leader. The recipient of these privileges does not have to be a clan leader of a level 5 clan. In other words, the prerequisite of a channel creator is a clan leader of a level 5 clan and a party leader, but merely a party leader is sufficient for subsequent channel maintenance.
Other parties can be invited with the /channelinvite command or by clicking on the Channel Invitation button in the party action section of the action window (Alt+C). If channel invitations have been extended to members of other parties, the invitation message will ask for the invited party leader’s approval.
After the channel has been activated, the channel creator can deliver notices and messages to all characters in the channel by clicking on the All Command icon. Each party leader can chat by clicking on commander chat icon.
The following commands are used in the multiparty command window.
Icons registered in the shortcut can now be dragged and dropped to swap locations with each other.
Private Crafting Stores
In addition to the buttons in the Actions window, the command /dwarvenmanufacture is now used to set up a private Dwarven crafting store. The command /generalmanufacture sets up a private common crafting store.
The remaining buff time can be seen from the descriptions on the buff status window.
If the cursor is placed on the weight gauge in the inventory window, [weight of current items]/[maximum weight] will be indicated in numbers, e.g.,  / .
The Target window size is now adjustable.
Slot numbers of warehouse storage and clan warehouse storage are indicated as number of stored items/maximum number of storable items.
A bulk sale function has been added to personal sale stores, enabling the sale of multiple item bundles.
The Numlock key now automatically moves the character in the direction it is facing.
A symbol indicating the target location for character movement has been added.
Audio voiceovers have been added for the Tutorial as well as various system messages. The voiceover can be turned off in the Audio Options in the System Menu.
Adventurer’s Guildsmen have been added to each village to aid with quests and raids.
The Adventurer's Guildsman provides the location of NPCs that begin quests and quest information such as the quest name, prerequisites, recommended level, and if it is a repetitive quest.
The Adventurer's Guildsman also indicates raid monster locations and gives information about monsters.
A function that enables recording and replay of gameplay has been added.
Begin gameplay recording with the /start_videorecording command or by clicking Begin/End Video Recording in the Action window (Alt+C). When recording begins, a system message displays and a red camera icon at the top right of the screen will blink.
Stop recording with the /end_videorecording command or by clicking the Begin/End Video Recording button. When recording stops, a system message with the replay file name displays and the red camera icon will disappear.
Saved files of the recorded game are created in the Replay folder.
Click the Replay button at the bottom right of the Login screen to view the list of available replay files. Select the file to be played back and click the OK button.
Check the box above the OK button to lock the camera perspective during playback. If the file is played back without checking the box, the camera can be freely moved during playback with the right mouse button.
The following keys can be used during playback:
After playback is complete, you will return to the Login screen.
Assorted quests have been added in Chronicle 4 to make the new hunting grounds more exciting and general gameplay more rewarding. Important new quests such as third class transfer quests and Noblesse quests have also been added.
Third Class Transfer Quests
Quests Related to the Dimensional Rift
Quests Related to Ketra Orcs and Varka Silenos
Giran Tour Quests for Beginners
Echo Crystal Quests
Formal Wear Quests
Changes in Quest Awards
The Enhance Your Weapon quest now awards Soul Crystals up to level 13. Monsters eligible to obtain Level 13 Soul Crystals Souls are Antharas, Valakas, Raid Monster Ember, and Invading Army Leader Anakazel.
Second class transfer quest awards have been modified as shown below. The Dimension Diamonds awarded in these quests can be exchanged for village Scrolls of Escape with the gatekeepers stationed in every village.
Other Quest Changes
1) When hunting the Imperial Grave Keeper for the quest Pursuit of Clan Aspiration, the problem with Imperial Chest not spawning has been fixed.
2) In the quest Little Wing’s Big Adventure, it has been fixed so that the Fairy Trees of wind/star/twilight cannot move.
3) The problem where Krorin’s Diary cannot be deleted in the quest Secret Buried in the Swamp has been fixed.
4) Various corrections have been made to incorrect text in the Quest window of specific quests and NPC dialogue.
Goddard Castle in the Goddard territory resembles a fortress tucked away in rugged mountainous terrain. The distinguishing feature of Goddard Castle is that it makes use of two artifacts. Divided into Altar of Water and Altar of Fire, those who succeed in engraving their seal onto the artifacts assume the castle lordship.
Unlike other castles, Goddard Castle is equipped with a rear door that is immune to attacks. This door shuts at the beginning of a siege and opens automatically upon its end.
No castles have been added to the Rune territory with the Chronicle 4 update.
The Teleport NPCs stationed at the castle have been removed. In their stead, teleporting into and out of the castle is possible by talking to the gatekeeper. Castle lord privileges can be given to fellow clan members to enable them to teleport.
With the addition of Goddard Castle, a maximum of four sieges, each at a different castle, can now be waged at once.
The purchase of siege mercenaries is now only possible before the Seven Signs seal expires.
The number of mercenaries dispatched in each castle has been modified. Players can view the number of mercenaries dispatched at each castle by talking to the Mercenary Master.
Beasts are not able to attack the castle gates.
The inside of the castle has been set up as a non-flying zone during a castle siege. However, a clan leader in possession of the castle can mount a wyvern to fly inside the castle.
Clan Halls (Auction)
Five clan halls available for auction have been added in Giran Castle Town and four in Goddard Castle Town. These are A-grade clan halls are equal to the Aden Castle Town clan halls and can be decorated.
The six clan halls in Aden Castle Town now give clan leaders the ability to ride a wyvern through the clan hall gatekeeper.
Dion Castle Town clan halls can now produce items.
A map of clan hall locations can be viewed by speaking with the Auctioneer.
Clan Halls (Hideouts)
The amount of time the hideouts Partisan Hideaway, Devastated Castle, the Bandit Stronghold can be held has been increased from one week to two weeks.
The functions of occupied hideouts have been expanded. Experience points recovery, buffs, and item production functions have been added. A Wyvern Master has been dispatched to the Devastated Castle and the leader of the clan that owns the castle will be able to ride the wyvern. The Devastated Castle and Bandit Stronghold can create Scrolls of Enchant Armor.
Players can now pay adena to participate in the Bandit Stronghold battle in addition to applying through the pre-existing quest. The clans participating in the Bandit Stronghold battle can be viewed by speaking to the messenger.
Teleporting at occupied hideouts now requires a fee of 500 adena, the same as clan halls.
At item production level 3, pet exchange tickets, assorted potions, fish oil, dyes, and recipes can be acquired.
By activating item production in the Devastated Castle or the clan halls of Aden Castle Town, Food for Wyverns can be purchased.
The time allotted to clan leaders for scheduling seed sales and crop purchase and for the withdrawal of manor-related funds from the warehouse has been modified. Clan leaders can set manor-related configurations every day between 8:00 PM and 6:00 AM the next morning. After 6:00 AM, no modification to that day’s manor can be made.
Predesignated manor-related funds are withdrawn from the warehouse at 6:00 AM.
When the manor opens at 8:00 PM, crops purchased on the previous day will be transferred to the clan warehouse, and the remaining balance will be deposited to the castle warehouse.
The crop purchase limit for each castle has been modified.
High level coba seeds for the new territories have been added.
All castles are now able to produce items. Each castle’s maximum production limit depends on the amount of crops available for purchase.
Sales volume of standard seeds and improved seeds has been modified.
The ratio of seed sale/purchase has been adjusted, and this ratio applies differently to standard crops and improved crops.
The maximum number of products now slightly exceeds the maximum seed purchase volume for standard crops.
Crops can be sold to other territories through the Manor Manager. The Manor Manager charges a commission of 5% of sales.
Red Cobol seeds and Mature Red Cobol seeds no longer sold at Oren can now be sold to the vendor NPC for 50 adena each.
The amount of Blood of the Sacrifice acquired at the Festival of Darkness has increased.
Monsters which use new battle tactics have been added.
The Blood of the Sacrifice can differ according to battle format.
A search function has been added to the clan list. Searches can be performed by the clan name or clan leader’s name.
The clan notification function has been added. If the clan leader drafts a notice in the clan notification menu in the manage clan page and turns the notification on, the notices will pop up to clan members upon log in.
Regional information provides more detailed information. Information on each territory’s castles and clan halls can be found in Regional Community -> Regional Information.
Information for the regions includes each castle’s clan, alliance, today’s tax rate, and the next day’s tax rate.
Clicking on the territory name provides detailed information on that territory’s castle. It also displays the territory’s clans, name of the clan leader, and the next day of auction.
A ferry operating to and from Rune Harbor and Gludin Harbor has been added. The ferry runs free of charge.
The attack-range distance of town guards equipped with bows has been increased.
The appearance of several NPCs has been modified.
If a player is disconnected or restarts while in battle with Antharas, Zaken, Baium, Anakim, and Lilith, the player will not be returned to town upon login if they reconnect within 30 minutes.
A warehouse keeper has been added to Floran Village.
The level of Guards protecting the entrance of the villages has been increased.
Player characters now blink.